If you only knew how amazing you really are! How much love we have for you and that you TRULY are the center of our lives. Oh, dear Daughter, you are the best thing that has ever happened to us. You made us parents, you brought us together as a couple you bind us a family, you are our beginning Daddy and I were just 2 people having fun until you came along. Yet you are the best and worst of me. I love YOU still . You will be 10 years old and be going into 4th grade this year and as we enter these tween years, I often feel like I’m navigating uncharted waters here many days and I don’t know what or how to handle these feelings. You’re smart, sassy, scared confident, a child yearning to be an adult. I want to hold you but I know I need to let you grow up. You have a way about yourself that is unique, your bond is fiercely close with your Dad and some days I envy that. I want to hang out with you share secrets, go out shopping do craft projects but you won’t let me, and I don’t push. I want to respect your space as an individual. I didn’t have that growing up and I don’t want to take that away from you. You are my daughter and I love her.
So dear daughter as you enter this next phase here are a few things you need to know.
- The world isn’t nice but you can’t let that stop you.
- Love your brother always he’s the only person that will have your back in this world.
- Eat your veggie
- God FIrst
- Call your parents
- Never stop trying
- Always be true to that voice inside of you
- Try something new
- People will always say mean things to and about you ask yourself: is this true?
- You control your own thoughts and feelings don’t stay someplace sad
- Learn to stand up for what you think is right even if you’re wrong
- LOVE YOURSELF ALWAYS
I love you forever